If you have questions regarding the Caterers, Bus Charters or Entertainment Vendors please call Amy Shilling at 814-867-4906 or email [email protected]
At campus/college locations where the University operates a food service program, the food services have the exclusive right to provide catered food and beverage services in all lodging facilities, conference facilities, dining halls and student union buildings, unless a specific exception is approved.
Campus Food Services: Altoona, Beaver, Berks, Brandywine, Erie, Greater Allegheny, Harrisburg, Hazleton, Mont Alto and Schuylkill.
All food and snack sales by registered student organizations, other University organizations or offices, and residence hall house governments on University property are prohibited, as are food and beverage sales by individual members and clubs of the University community and by faculty, staff and students.
NOTE: Caterers do NOT need to appear on this list when the University is holding an event off-campus at a facility that either: 1) has its own food service provider or 2) requires users of the facility to only use caterers off a facility authorized list.
**Due to the agreement between the University and Pepsi, any employee representing the University in an official capacity while on-campus (e.g., interviews, open meetings, etc.) should refrain from using soft drink products that are in competition with Pepsi. Pepsi Beverage Brands
- Insurance Requirements for Caterers - Please share this information with potential Caterers that would like to be added to our list. No application or form to complete, just fax the Certificate of Insurance to 814-865-4029 or email: [email protected]
- Caterers - Provides names, contact addresses and phone numbers, and other information about caterers that have met the University's insurance requirements to provide services to Penn State. (continually updated)
- Important NOTE: If alcohol is to be served at your event, even if the caterer/bartender does not supply, but will serve the alcohol, the caterer must carry liquor liability.
CHARTER BUS LINES
- Insurance Requirements for Charter Bus Companies
- A Certificate of Insurance must be issued as follows:
A. The Certificate Holder must be shown as:
The Pennsylvania State University
c/o Risk Management Office
227 West Beaver Avenue, Suite 103
State College, PA 16801
B. Commercial General Liability insurance with limits of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence, written on an occurrence basis, including contractual liability coverage. The Pennsylvania State University must be shown as an Additional Insured.
C. Commercial Auto Liability insurance with limits of not less than $5,000,000 per occurrence.
D. Statutory Workers’ Compensation; Employer’s Liability insurance with limits of not less than $500,000 for each subcategory of coverage.
Company must comply with the Legal Notice for Motorcoach Operations. A review is made on the SAFER website.
Any Certificate of Insurance limited to a specific event or date is not acceptable.
By submitting an insurance certificate to be included on this University’s Accepted list, Company acknowledges that it has read University Policy AD72 and will ensure that its employees, subcontractor employees and volunteers (“Company Representatives”) who will work on University premises are aware of the applicable reporting provisions which require Company Representatives who have a reasonable suspicion of child abuse, as defined by Pennsylvania law, to make a report as outlined in the policy.
- Charter Bus Lines - Charter Bus Lines who have been met the University's insurance requirements. (continually updated)
- Requirements for Entertainment Vendor - This list includes the following categories: Amusement Rides/Attractions, Hypnotist, Massage , Other Entertainment , Stage, Sound & Lighting and Tent Rental.
- Entertainment Vendors - Vendors who have met the University's insurance requirements for the riskier types of entertainment. (continually updated)
- Entertainment Vendor Exemption Certification - For Amusement Rides/Attractions
- Entertainment Vendor or Other Activity Restrictions
AIRCRAFT CHARTERS, CONTRACTING OR HIRING FOR UNIVERSITY TRAVEL