Requirements for Entertainment Vendors
For a vendor to be placed on the Risk Management Accepted Entertainment Vendor list, the following information must be provided by the vendor to the Risk Management Office:
A Certificate of Insurance must be issued as follows:
- The Certificate Holder must be shown as: The Pennsylvania State University c/o Risk Management Office 227 West Beaver Avenue, Suite 103 State College, PA 16801
- The Certificate of Insurance must evidence not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence of General Liability, written on an occurrence basis, including contractual liability.
- The Pennsylvania State University and All Recognized Student Organizations of The Pennsylvania State University must be named as an Additional Insured and evidenced on the certificate.
- Statutory Workers’ Compensation Insurance must be evidenced. If you are not required to carry workers’ compensation, please submit WC Waiver Form along with your certificate.
- The insured or its insurance carrier must provide thirty (30) days-notice of cancellation.
- An annual Registration with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture for all amusement rides and amusement attractions that operate in Pennsylvania. All vendors placed in the “Amusement Rides/Attractions” category on the Entertainment Vendor List must provide their current proof of registration. If vendor has no amusement rides and/or amusement attractions requiring such registration the included exemption certification must be completed, signed and returned.
- Entertainment Vendors that have met our requirements will be listed on the Risk Management web site under the Vendors Tab. This list is utilized by all locations of The Pennsylvania State University.
- In order to remain on this list, an updated Certificate of Insurance must be supplied to the Risk Management Office whenever the insurance is renewed, which normally occurs on an annual basis. If this insurance certificate is not received prior to the expiration date, the vendor will fall off this list and cannot be used until an updated certificate is received. The University will not contact vendor prior to this occurring. Any notice from the Insurance Company that the insured’s insurance has been cancelled for any reason will result in the deletion from the listing.
- In order to remain on this list, Entertainment Vendors with amusement rides and/or amusement attractions must supply updated proof of registration with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture to the Risk Management Office. If this proof of registration is not received prior to the expiration date of the previously submitted registration, the vendor will fall of this list and cannot be used until a current registration is received. Any notice from Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture that the vendor’s registration has been cancelled for any reason will result in the deletion from the listing.
- The University reserves the right at all times to accept or reject the insurance company(s) shown on the certificate and to delete any listed vendor at any time.
- Faxed (814) 865-4029 or emailed (email@example.com) certificates are acceptable.
Any questions regarding these instructions should be directed to (814) 867-4906.