ODBC SETUP - SQL SERVER AUTHENTICATION
To avoid computer connectivity problems, please use the System DNS host name when configuring computers.
The host name of the server is: 22.214.171.124
INSTALLATION AND SETUP TO THE FISDATAMART for sql server authentication
The first time you access the FISDataMart, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Open MS Access, select a blank database, give File Name and Click on Create
- Go to External Data, select New Data Source, Select From other sources and select ODBC Database
- In Get External Data – ODBC Database screen, Select Link to the data source by creating a linked table.
- In Select Data Source screen, select Machine Data Source and select New
- In Create New Data Source screen, Make sure User Data Source is selected and click select Next
- In Create New Data Source screen, Select SQL Server Native Client 10.0 (Note: Alternative option would be SQL Server if, you do not have SQL Server Native Client 10.0) Click Next
- Verify that User Data Source Driver: SQL Server, Select Finish
- In Create a New Data Source to SQL Server screen
- Name: FISDataMart
- Description: Corporate Controller Data Warehouse
- Server: 126.96.36.199
**Note: Select Next.
- At the ‘How should SQL server verify the authenticity of the login ID?' – Select : 'With SQL Server authentication using a login ID and password entered'. (Note: second option)
Enter LoginID and Password that we have been received from email by FIS Personal, Select Next
- At the next dialog box, the default selections are fine.
- Change the language of SQL Server system messages to: keep English
- Use strong encryption for data - Unchecked
- Perform translation for character data - Checked
- Use regional setting when outputting currency. numbers. dates and times - Unchecked
- Save long running queries to the log files… - Unchecked
- Log ODBC driver statistics to the log files … - Unchecked
Click on Finish. (You can test connectivity to the data source by clicking on the Test Data Source button.)
- At the next dialog box, select OK.
- Select Data Source window will popup, please select FISDataMart (Note: whatever the name you have given in Create a New Data Source to SQL Server wizard). Click ok.
- In SQL Server Login window, enter password, click ok.
- At the Link Table dialogue box, select the desired tables from the database and click ok.
- You might see another dialogue box opening, please select cancel on that popup.
- Now you should see tables been populated in all Access Objects in Access.
- Contact Saritha Kuchipudi if you have got different results than as you have expected.